What’s innovative and exciting in the recent update Magento 2.3.3?
Magento is one of the prominent names across the web technology industry. This web technology hit the market like a sack of brick in the year 2008, and today it boasts 25000 active users. Magento supports B2B and B2C industry by delivering secure, scalable, and efficient sites. Custom Magento Development is growing at a faster pace due to the easy-to-use features it offers for entrepreneurs. As we know, every upgrade in web technology is all about benefits. And recently, on 8th October, Magento released 2.3.3 version that promises to be revolutionary.
This release consists of approx.170 functional fixes to the core codes and around 75 security enhancements along with 200 contributions from the Magento community.
Now let’s dig deeper into the upgrades that are beneficial for entrepreneurs:
The new-security patch can easily install time-sensitivity fixes without applying for hundreds of enhancements and fixes that a full quarterly release provides. The major release includes the following security enhancements:
- PSD2 compliance with core payment methods
- Fixes for 75 critical security issues
- Essential platform-security improvements that boost XSS fortification against future exploits
The below-mentioned upgrades to core platform apparatus enhance platform security and abide by PCI compliance:
- Magento 2.3.2 will support Varnish 6.2.0
- It also supports PHP 7.3.x and PHP 7.2.x
- The Zend Framework 2 components are also upgraded for long-term support policy
- Merchants can now turn off the automatic URL rewrite generation that used to occur by default on products while saving the categories they belonged to.
- The all-new generate “category/product” URL Rewrites configuration options can control it.
- Once you enable this feature, Magento will automatically save enormous data when saving a category that consists of innumerable assigned products.
- Page load speed has also been improved by moving non-critical CSS elements to the bottom of the page.
- This enables the browser to render and display a storefront page more quickly.
Improvement in merchant tools
To enhance the admin user-experience, Magento has introduced tracking of user actions and events on the Admin. Once you upgrade to Magento 2.3.3, the initial administrative user who logs into the Admin will be notified to Allow admin usage data collection. If the user agrees to it, the data captured from Admin activity will be directly sent to Adobe Analytics for analysis and reporting. Typically, this activity will include page views, save actions, and changes to Magento mode.
In this release of Magento, shipping features include:
- Enhancement in batch-order processing, shipping method previews in the portal, carrier integration, and secure checkout.
- It supports endless products and prepackages options.
Improvement in inventory management
This component has nothing new. It is somewhat similar to the previous version, which is 2.3.2. Only a few bugs and fixes have been introduced that include seamless integration with Magento Commerce and Magento commerce for B2B. Here are a few features that will work by-default in the inventory to make the process more efficient:
- Order by SKU
- Quick order
- Requisition lists
More so, storefront catalog browsing performance has dramatically improved the website running the default inventory stock and source. And the automated functional and integration test coverage have also increased tremendously.
Magento 2.3.3 will not only benefit merchants, but even developers reap immense benefits of the same. It has made some incredible changes in the core code of the version. Moreover, Magento has strived hard to fix all the issues faced by developers previously. The community support by Magento is available at every footstep, for entrepreneurs as well as developers to simplify the deployment of websites on the latest version. Being a merchant, you can also Hire Magento 2 Developers to develop a robust, efficient, and user-friendly Magento website for your business.
In a nutshell, Magento 2.3.3 can change the landscape of the websites significantly. It can make things amazingly seamless for merchants as well as qualified developers. Magento has always been innovative and creative in its every version, and it feels the same as the recently released version 2.3.3 too.