Website templates vs. Custom built website – What’s better?
Congratulations on embarking upon a new business venture! It feels so great to be an entrepreneur as you have worked so hard to reach this day. Undoubtedly, you’re passionate about your work, but the secret to surviving in this digital world is staying online. No matter whether you’ve entered the market with small scale products, having your Custom Built Website plays a pivotal role. As you know, the world is moving towards digitalization, and your target audience is also a part of this bandwagon. So it is crucial to have your website on the web.
Running a website is not a cakewalk for those who belong to a non-technical background. But WordPress has made this happen! WordPress is a popular content management system that offers user-friendly websites even though you don’t have any technical expertise. WordPress provides you with thousands of elegantly designed templates. You have to choose the right one, add content, and publish it online. There’s another option, which is a custom-built website. If you’re planning to develop a customized WordPress website, then you can pick Custom WordPress Development Services as per your requirement.
But what is the difference between these two? Which is the right option? Get a complete clarification below:
How can templates help you?
WordPress provides you with an array of themes. You can customize the website within the website standards and add content or images. If you lack a budget or want to try whether a website can provide you with better results, then using templates is an ideal choice. However, you need to keep one thing in mind; when you pick templates, it has all the in-built features. A website with set functionalities severely impacts the loading time and SEO optimization.
Here are some advantages/disadvantages of using templates:
- As there millions of websites on WordPress. They might be using the template that you’ve chosen. So it becomes tough to stand out of the market.
- Templates adhere to a single concept “what you see is what you get.” This restricts the customization of the website.
- May not work on different devices.
- Some templates aren’t built SEO friendly. You need to customize it to fit in your requirements.
- You cannot install any added technologies because these templates run on a structured system.
- It is the best choice for entrepreneurs who lacks a budget.
- Templates cut down development time.
- Templates won’t provide you a good support system as the Custom built site has.
How can Custom-developed sites help you?
Custom-developed sites have a complete team that supports you at every footstep. The process begins by understanding who is your target audience, how you want the website to function or perform, who you want to reach, and how your business should look on the web.
Undoubtedly, SEO plays a significant role when your website is published online. SEO helps you to become visible in this online world. Unfortunately, templates aren’t SEO-friendly, and with limited customization, you cannot customize your site. That’s the reason many businesses prefer WordPress theme customization services as it provides you with SEO-friendly websites. It becomes easy to become searchable on Google.
Custom built websites take a longer time to complete as compared to templates as everything is customized from developing strategies to adding colors to your site. Though it is time-consuming, it will save time in the long run. There countless businesses that lack technical skills, which is why they offshore the WordPress development process. This enables them to save on time and cost and receive a full-fledged website at a reasonable price.
Here are some advantages/disadvantages of Custom developed websites:
- You will get a uniquely designed website that will showcase your brand in the market.
- A customized website adapts to your company’s needs.
- The site is tested so that it works across all the browsers.
- Custom-built websites are SEO-friendly, which makes it easy to optimize on the web.
- It is expensive as compared to templates.
- It consumes more time than templates.
- Your website will grow with your business. It gives you the ability to incorporate ideas in the future with changing trends in the market.
- Any company that built your site will assist you throughout and after the process.
In a nutshell, choosing a Custom built site is the best option. Although it is an expensive process, it can save your business money and time in the long run. Still, if you feel that Custom Built Website are exceeding your budget. I would recommend you to sit back until you accumulate a better budget. And wasting time on templates will take your business nowhere.