Everything you need to know about Magento 2.3.4 release!
To start the new year with a bang, Magento has announced a major upgrade for Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.3.4 to help the merchants build more powerful and secure eCommerce websites. A lot of hype is created after the release note of Magento 2.3.4. The online merchants and Magento development company have started speculating what all it will bring for them.
“Whether the new Magento 2.3.4 upgrade will help online merchants create engaging customer experience?”
“Will it be helping in retaining existing customers or drive sustainable growth?”
“How about the security aspect, which is the pain point of Magento?”
And many more such questions that are being answered by Magento. So, what Magento 2.3.4 release brings for the online merchants and developers? This post will help address all your queries and worries related to the recent upgrade from Magento.
Starting from security upgrades, performance enhancement, and platform upgrade, Magento has released nearly 220 functional bug fixes with Magento 2.3.4. Let’s take a look at some key stats about the release of Magento 2.3.4:
- More than 30 security improvements
- Brings live chat support
- Improved and powerful inventory management
- Integration of Adobe Stock image galleries
- More powerful message queue framework
- Enhanced GraphQL coverage
And a lot more is available in the release note of Magento 2.3.4! Let’s dive into other considerable improvements available in the latest upgrade of Magento.
Critical Security Improvements
With the recent upgrade, Magento has introduced fixes for cross-site scripting and vulnerabilities related to the remote code execution. This can be of great use to avoid misuse of accessing critical customer information.
- Instead of /admin and strong password to manage security, Magento has suggested taking proper actions like IP whitelisting, two-factor authentication, VPN and more.
- Moreover, Magneto has introduced fixes to core codes by removing custom layout updates to eliminate the need for remote code execution.
- Aside from this, Magento has redesigned features of the content template to allow whitelisted variable that can be appended in the template.
Enhancements in the Platform
If you refer to the release note of Magento 2.3.4, you will find a lot of platform-related enhancements.
- Improved message queue framework. Now you can leverage from the 3rd party technology called RabbitMQ V3.8 with the Message Queue framework.
- More powerful page caching and session storage. With this release, you can rest assure about the compatibility with Redis v5.0.6.
- Leverage from the improved support for MariaDB 10. Considering the Magento development company, if you were trying to use declarative schema with MariaDB earlier, you were getting error. No more errors indicating that schema is not up to date now! Magento has normalized the values returned by MariaDB, which will make use of declarative schema easy with MySQL and MariaDB.
- No more support for the Authorize.net payment method! Now you will have to use official payment integration available on the Marketplace.
However, it is important to note that the recent upgrade has not been tested with PHP 7.1 since it is reached to end of life in December 2019 itself. Hence, if you are using the same, it is recommended that you upgrade your deployment structure in order to leverage from the benefits of Magento 2.3.4.
Power booster for performance
If you or your customers have faced performance challenges, this upgrade is all that you need! It has introduced various performance improvements like:
- No more redundant non-cached requests to your catalog pages! With the help of refactoring the customer section invalidation mechanism and enhanced banner cache logic, you can leverage from higher performance.
- Ability to disable statistic collecting for the report module! A new configuration setting introduced that will help merchants to disable Magento reports on the go!
Enhanced inventory management
With the latest version of Magento, you can leverage from more powerful and improved inventory management with the following features:
- Smoothen and faster checkout process. Rectified the known performance hampering issues that are impacting database server during the checkout process. Now your customers will experience a more powerful and speedy check-out process in the online store!
- Reduced memory usage! With this release, Magento has updated the inventory reservations CLI command that was impacting memory usage during huge catalog reservations.
- Rectified quality issues. Now get rid of typical quality issues related to credit memos, source and stock mass actions, and grouped products!
Aside from these improvements and enhancements, store owners can also leverage various improvements in GraphQL, including better search, layered navigation, and cart functionalities. It is possible now for the guests in your online store to merge their carts with customer carts in the online store. The customers can initiate and complete the order using multiple devices on the go. Moreover, you can also enable category search by ID, Name and/or URL key in the online store.
With the recent upgrade, you can also leverage the improved PWA studio, Google Shopping Ads Channel, and other critical fixes related to installation, upgrade, and deployment. Want to know more about the recent upgrade? You can refer to the release note of Magento 2.3.4 or get in touch with the professional Magento Development Company!