The Best Guide for Social Media Image Sizes
When you’re creating a social media image, you want to make sure that the size of the image is successful. When you take your business online, the next crucial step to look forward to is social media marketing. Social media marketing could do wonders for your business growth if done right. It increases visibility and brand exposure worldwide.
Larger populations can come across your business and view your products/services. To increase the chances of greater visibility and high user engagement, one has to invest a good amount of creative ideas in the social media marketing of their brand.
However, there are no standard rules for various social media platforms as each platform requires different content formats.
So if you run a small business and want to know more about social media marketing strategy and standard all social media image sizes guide, you’re on the right page to know about best image dimensions for social media!
This article will talk about the updated social media image sizes for common social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. So, let’s get started to know more about cheat sheet for social media image sizes!
Impact of Social Media
People retain in their memory what they see, not what they read first-off. Studies reveal that it takes almost 17 milliseconds for a person to form a first impression. What plays a key role in achieving this is the presence of appealing banners, feature videos, and cover photos.
A survey showed that 63.2% of businesses depend on visual content (photos/videos) for marketing strategy.
Every social media platform has a certain post, image, and video format by which they abide. To make your business successful on any social channel, you must be aware of the current social media image sizes and restrictions.
Choose the Right Type of Social Media Image Sizes
Make sure what you post is cohesive to your business. Add pictures and videos relevant to your theme and marketing strategy. Align your cover photos in proper format and create the proper brand recognition among the visitors.
Choose the perfect font, theme, and layout per your brand’s requirements. Make sure it remains consistent across multiple social media platforms so that customers can easily recognize your brand.
Table of Contents:
Instagram photo dimensions for Social Media
Instagram is turning out to be a great platform for showcasing products and doing safe business. It includes photos, videos, reels, posts, stories, and more.
Instagram stories and reels can reach significantly large populations across the globe if managed correctly. Please select the right orientation (square, landscape, and portrait) and filters for your post, and don’t forget to size them according to the recommended dimensions.
Instagram profile photos size is 110 x 100 pixels, and the image files are stored at 320 x 320 pixels.
Instagram profile photos size in a small circular format. Besides, you can upload photos that are 1080 pixels wide.
If you upload any image size in a different ratio, then it will be automatically cropped to the standard ratio by Instagram. Always ensure that your brand name and necessary elements don’t hide while you upload it.
Ideal image sizes for Instagram :
- Landscape: 1080 x 566 pixels
- Portrait: 1080 x 1350 pixels
- Square: 1080 x 1080 pixels
- Aspect ratios: Between 1.91:1 and 4:5
- Image size: Width of 1080 pixels, height between 566 and 1350 pixels (landscape or portrait)
Instagram reels sizes:
- 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Aspect ratio- 9:16.
- Cover photo: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Reels crops to a 1:1 image in the profile feed and a 4:5 image in the home feed.
Instagram stories ads: 1080 x 1920 pixels
Instagram suggests leaving about 14% (250 pixels) of the top and bottom space of the picture free from text to prevent it from hiding.
Best image sizes for Facebook
Facebook, undoubtedly, is the most popular social network globally. Facebook is still widely used as a social network in most cases. But, it has done quite well for commercial purposes too. One may also add short clips and videos for added information.
With regular updates in Facebook formats and policies, it is always a great idea to stick to high-definition visual content for best results. Facebook even allows panoramas or 360-degree images. Look for the following recommended formats and dimensions:
- Profile picture: 170 x 170px on desktop, 128 x 128px on smartphones
- Cover photo: 820 x 312px on desktop, 640 x 360px on smartphones
- Ideal file size: less than 100kb
- Cover video: 820 x 462px and 20-90 seconds
- Recommended sizes 1200 x 630px with aspect ratio 1.9:1
- Carousel of 2-10 images 1200 x 1200px with aspect ratio 1:1
- Recommended dimensions 1080 x 1920px with
- Aspect ratios 9:16 and 4:5 to 1.91:1
- Maximum duration: 5 seconds
- Maximum file size: 30mb
- Minimum width- 500px
- Aspect ratios 9:16 to 1.91:1
- Maximum duration: 15 secs
- Maximum file size: 4GB
LinkedIn Social Media Image Sizes
LinkedIn comprises the second-largest B2B marketing pool after Facebook, having advertised more than 20 million job opportunities worldwide. Like the rest, it also has a specific set of formats to be followed while posting any visual content. Let’s find out what they are.
- LinkedIn company page cover photo size: 1128 x 191px
- LinkedIn company page profile photo size: 300 x 300px
- LinkedIn image post size: 1200 x 627px
LinkedIn for Business
LinkedIn for business requires regular updates with relevant images to increase user engagement. While posting the content, make sure they fall within the recommended dimensions and highlight the prominent aspect of your business with an appropriate banner or cover image.
- Profile picture/logo: 300 x 300px
- Banner: 1128 x 191px
- Life tab main image: 1128 x 376px
- Life tab custom modules: 502 x 282px
- Life tab company photos: 900 x 600px
- Images for blog post links: 1200 x 627px with aspect ratio 1.91:1
- Video post: 256 x 144px–4096 x 2304px
- 1080 x 1920px with aspect ratio 9:16
LinkedIn Life Tab Image
In the LinkedIn life tab, you can share your business culture, employee photos, and other things about your company.
- Hero image:1128 x 376
- Custom module:502 x 282 pixels
- Company photos: 900 x 600
- Supported file type: JPNG, JPG, or GIF
Snapchat has empowered people and businesses to share the humane side of their lives in the most fun manner. They display the content via stories that disappear in 24 hours.
- Shared images: 1080 x 1920
- Geofilters: 1080 x 1920
- Stories: 1080 x 1920; maximum file size- 34 MB; duration: 10 seconds or lesser
YouTube Social Media Image Sizes
YouTube is a popular social media platform widely known for its amazing video content. Below are the recommended guidelines for social media platform image sizing for your content:
- YouTube channel cover photo: 2048 x 1152px
- YouTube profile photo: 800 x 800px
- YouTube video thumbnail and video: 1280 x 720px
- Skippable in-stream ads: 12 seconds- 3 minutes
- Non-skippable ads: 15-20 seconds
- Bumper ads: 6 seconds
- Discovery ads: 16:9/4:3, maximum file size: 1GB
In social media, Twitter is a popular tool for people to use. people, including celebrities worldwide. Tweets that include photos or visual content receive three times higher user engagement than Tweets with only text.
- Profile photos: 400 x 400 (recommended)
- Minimum image size: 200 by 200 pixels
- Maximum file size: 2MB
- Header photos: 1500 x 500 pixels (recommended)
- Maximum size preferred.
- Header images: aspect ratio of 3:1.
- Header images display changes based on device and browser
- In-stream photos: 1600 x 900 pixels (recommended)
- Minimum size:600 of 335 pixels
- Aspect ratio: around 2:1-1:1 on desktop; 2:1; 3:4 and 16:9 on smartphone
- Supported formats: GIF, JPG and PNG
- Maximum file size: Up to 5MB for photos and GIFs on smartphones and 15MB on the browser.
Pinterest is another amazing platform to bring organic referral traffic to your website. To achieve the same, one must ensure that the Pinterest page is updated and optimized regularly. It is important to upload images for boards and pins using the recommended dimensions.
- Standard pin: 1000 x 1500px, aspect ratio 2:3
- Square pin: 1000 x 1000px, aspect ratio 1:1
- Long pin: 1000 x 2100px, aspect ratio 1:2.1
- Infographics: 1000 x 3000px, aspect ratio 1:3
Increasing numbers of businesses are maximizing their online presence. And, every website heavily relies on visual media content. It is like the backbone of a business website. We all know that images or videos uploaded on a website have to be optimized well to gain visibility and user engagement.
Every social media platform has a certain set of rules to be followed before media upload. If an image or video is not optimized well, you might lose the key elements. Hence it is always important to study the social media image requirements well in advance. You will surely receive great exposure and traffic if you have compelling images.
We hope that our page provides you with the necessary information to help you improve your content management skills for different social media platforms. If you like the content then don’t forget to share with your friends, family and colleagues.